Eluent Conditions for RSpak NN-series
Following eluents can be used for RSpak NN
(b) Buffer + salt
(c) Buffer + polar organic solvent
(d) Buffer + salt + polar organic solvent
Separation of the sample can be controlled
by changing eluent.
1)Water / polar organic solvent
The elution time of substances which have
long alkyl chain or benzene ring is rather
long. The elution time of such substances
can be shorten by raising the concentration
of polar organic solvent.
In the case of basic substances, the lower the eluent pH value, the faster the
3) Salt concentration
In case of basic substances, the higher the
salt concentration of the eluent, the faster
the elution time.
4) Column temperature
The elution time of ionic substances changes
according to the temperature.
(1)The eluent should be filtrated before being used. Especially, in the case of
the eluent In which salt is dissolved, it is important to filtrate the eluent.
(2) The maximum concentration of organic solvents, methanol, ethanol and acetonitrile
(3) The maximum concentration of salt is
(4) The pH range of eluent should be 2.0 to 12.0. In the case of eluent containing
chlorine ions, the pH should be 4.0 or higher.
(5) Strong acids, strong bases and perchloric
acid should not be used.
(6) When the eluent is replaced from the
eluent containing no organic solvent to the
eluent containing organic solvent, or reverse
way, flow rate should be 0.5m1/min or slower.