Please use this column with suppressor type ion chromatography system.
Anion standards were analyzed using IC SI-90 4E (a column for anions analysis). For general purpose, it is recommended to use 1.8mM Na2CO3 + 1.7mM NaHCO3 as the eluent. This eluent is best suited to the separation of typical 7 anions, F–,Cl–,NO2–,Br–,NO3–,PO43-,SO42-. Using the flow rate of 1.5 mL/min, seven anions can be analyzed within ten minutes. Use the column temperature of 25deg-C.
Sample : 20micro-L
1. F– (2ppm), 2. Cl– (3ppm), 3. NO2– (5ppm), 4. Br– (10ppm)
5. NO3– (10ppm), 6. HCO3– (300ppm), 7. PO43- (15ppm), 8. SO42- (15ppm)
(How to prepare the eluent)
(1) Put 19.08g of reagent grade Na2CO3 and 14.28g of reagent grade NaHCO3 into a 1 liter messflask.
(2) Dilute with purified water to make up a 1 liter solution.
(3) Dissolve the solution using an ultrasonic vibrator. When the solution volume decrease after the vibration, add pure water to make up exact 1 liter solution. This is the concentrated solution and can be stored for half year in a refregirator with stopper.
(4) When making the eluent, take 10ml of the concentrated solution and dilute with purified water to make up 1 liter solution. Pass the eluent through a 0.45micron membrane filter before use.
Column : Shodex IC SI-90 4E (4.0mmID*250mm)
Eluent : 1.8mM Na2CO3+ 1.7mM NaHCO3 aq.
Flow rate : 1.0mL/min or 1.5mL/min
Detector : Suppressed conductivity
Column temp. : Room temp. (25deg-C)