When analyzing saccharides in food, it is necessary to remove the substances besides saccharides before the analysis. This procedure is called as sample pre-treatment. Here, the analysis result of saccharides in food using Asahipak NH2P-50 4E is shown together with the sample pre-treatment procedure.
(Sample pre-treatment for apple juice)
1) Put 5g of apple juice in a 50mL a messflask.
2) Dilute with ultra pure water to make up a 30mL solution.
3) Neutralize with 10%(W/V) NaOH solution.
4) Apply ultrasonic vibration for 30 minutes using an ultrasonic vibrator.
5) Add ultra pure water to make up a 50mL solution.
6) Filtrate the solution with a paper filter (No.5B).
7) Take a part of filtrated solution and add the same volume of acetonitrile.
8) Pass through a 0.45microm membrane filter before injecting into HPLC.
Sample : Apple juice, 20micro-L
Column : Shodex Asahipak NH2P-50 4E (4.6mmID*250mm)
Eluent : CH3CN/H2O=75/25
Flow rate : 1.0mL/min
Detector : Shodex RI
Column temp. : Room temp.(25deg-C)